Monday, January 14, 2013

Missing Lindi

It was one thing to imagine the Registrar's Office without Lindi, but it's much more difficult to imagine the world without her. The thing I most appreciated about Lindi was her love for the humanities -- and everything was expressed with that twinkle in her eye, which was etched upon her face. Technology was not one of the ways she and I connected. No ... technology was not Lindi's thing, it is my thing. But we definitely connected through reading and discussing things in the broader humanities that she cared about.

Lindi wanted to share her experiences with Elderhostel (the Road Scholar program), so she sent me a link. She wanted to travel so much more than she was able to, alas. I am so sorry that Lindi was unable also to pursue her desire to study and travel abroad. Lindi was always looking forward to the things she would do.

Someone we love never leaves us. So ... we must be content to remember and retain those qualities in Lindi that made her the beloved person she was at Stanford.

Tim Flood

2 comments:

D3 cd key said...

anything you perform is simply thus mystical and delightful. loved this particular. Cheap Runescape Gold Buy diablo iii cd key

fifa 14 ps3 coins said...

I really like reading through these types of articles! This can make my personal day time a lot better residing vicariously via a person. AS WELL AS Dang woman a person create nicely. Personally i think such as I am presently there along with you.


fifa 14 ultimate team coins
Elder Scrolls Online Gold
fut coins